Instructions to Renew the Charter for Packs, Troops, Teams, Crews and Posts expiring January 31.
Every year, every member of the Boy Scouts of America, youth and adult, must re-register through rechartering. This year all Cimarron Council units will again recharter using the Internet Rechartering System. Internet Rechartering is a Web-based method for units to renew their charters from any online location—at home or at the office.
This year we will e-mail to your Unit Renewal Processor an Excel and .pdf file listing information regarding all youth and adult leaders currently registered in your unit. If you have youth or adult leaders who are active in your unit, but are not listed on that roster, please submit completed applications with appropriate registration fees to the Scout Office so we can get them registered before you begin the online recharter process on December 1. Remember, adult applications must include applicant’s social security number, answers to questions 6a through 6e and correct signatures.
To Renew Your Unit Charter Online (for Units Expiring 1-31)
- Select Unit Renewal Processor and e-mail their name and e-mail address to the Council Office (council(at)cimarronbsa.org). Your Unit Renewal Processor should be someone in your unit with access to the internet and who is familiar with the members and leaders of your unit.
- Complete membership inventory using roster and information e-mailed to Unit Renewal Processor. Note-please have members update address, phones and e-mail addresses so Unit Renewal Processor can update that information online during the recharter process.
- Register unregistered youth and adult leaders by turning in completed applications with appropriate fees by December 1.
Beginning December 1:
- Unit Renewal Processor begins the online recharter process by going to Cimarron Council’s website (www.cimarronbsa.org). Click Resources and then Online Recharter from menu selections on the left side of the homepage. It is helpful to go through the “Tutorial” to familiarize yourself with the system. When you are ready to start the online recharter process, click on “Recharter Now”. The Unit’s access code will be provided to the Unit Renewal Processor prior to the opening of online rechartering on December 1.
- Renew or drop current members, add unregistered members and update personal for current registrants. Remember, if you add youth members or adult leaders, completed applications with all necessary signatures must be submitted with charter renewal application. BSA policies are enforced throughout the system, so what you enter must meet all membership and rechartering requirements. Please, it is very important that you update addresses, phone numbers and e-mail address of all continuing adult leaders, scouts and parents.
- When the online process is completed, the updated unit roster is submitted to ScoutNET and a Unit Charter Renewal Report Package is printed. This package includes the Unit Charter Renewal Application with all applicable recharter fees, and Annual Charter Agreement. You must obtain the signatures of the Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, or Crew/Post Advisor) and Institutional Head or Charter Organization Representative on the Unit Charter Application and the signature of the Institutional Head or Charter Organization Representative on the Annual Charter Agreement.
- Submit Charter Renewal Application and Annual Charter Agreement with all necessary signatures, applications and fees to the Scout Office by December 31.
Members of units not completing the recharter process by January 31 will not be eligible to receive council services, including insurance protection, attend council event, receive credit for advancement or obtain award items.
View Recharter resources and links here.