Cimarron Council units will renew their charters using the Internet Rechartering System. Internet Rechartering is a web-based method for units to renew their charters from any online location—at home or at the office.
We will e-mail your Unit Renewal Processor a roster listing information regarding all youth and adult leaders currently registered in your unit. If you have youth or adult leaders who are active in your unit, but are not listed on that roster, please submit completed applications with appropriate registration fees to the Scout Office so we can get them registered before you begin the online recharter process on December 1. Remember, adult applications must include applicant’s social security number, answers to questions 6a through 6e and correct signatures.
The rank of all youth members is listed on the roster. If the rank listed is not current, please enter youth’s name and current rank on advancement report form and submit it to council office before you begin the online recharter process on December 1.
Please note-Roster also lists the date when youth protection training was completed by adult members. Adult members are required to complete youth protection training every two (2) years. Adult members, with a Youth Protection completion date prior to the recharter date need to complete the training and submit training certificate along with recharter paperwork. To complete training, go to myscouting.org.
To Renew Your Unit Charter Online:
- Complete membership and advancement inventory using roster. Also collect changes of addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses in order to update that information during the on-line recharter process.
- Register unregistered youth and adult leaders by turning in completed applications with appropriate fees by December 1. Update ranks of youth members by turning in Advancement Report.
Beginning December 1:
- Unit Renewal Processor begins the online recharter process by going to: https://scoutnet.scouting.org/UCRS/ui/home/default.aspx
- It is helpful to go through the “Tutorial” to familiarize yourself with the system. When you are ready to start the online recharter process, click on “Recharter Now”. The Unit’s access code changes yearly and will be e-mailed to Unit Renewal Processor. If you need help, call the Scout Office (580-234-3652). Renew or drop current members, add unregistered members and update personal information for current registrants. Remember, if you add youth members or adult leaders, completed applications with all necessary signatures must be submitted with charter renewal application. BSA policies are enforced throughout the system, so what you enter must meet all membership and rechartering requirements. Please, it is very important that you update addresses, phone numbers and e-mail address of all continuing adult leaders, scouts and parents.
- When the online process is completed, the updated unit roster is submitted to ScoutNET and a Unit Charter Renewal Report Package is printed. This package includes the Unit Charter Renewal Application with all applicable recharter fees, and Annual Charter Agreement. You must obtain the signatures of the Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, or Crew/Post Advisor) and Institutional Head or Charter Organization Representative on the Unit Charter Application and the signature of the Institutional Head or Charter Organization Representative on the Annual Charter Agreement.
- Submit Charter Renewal Application and Annual Charter Agreement with all necessary signatures, applications and fees to the Scout Office by December 30.
Members of expired units are not eligible for council services, including health, sickness and liability insurance, access to council events, and credit for advancement.
Journey to Excellence
When you complete the recharter process you should also complete the Journey to Excellence application. The JTE program is open to all Packs, Troops and Crews in the council. Units can earn the Gold, Silver or Bronze level and the application can be used as a guide for running a quality Scouting program.